Back In The Saddle


Sometimes ideas for paintings take time to build from quiet inspirations. Then there are times, like with this painting, where the idea will jump into your brain so quickly and clearly that you see the finished piece right before your eyes. I have been steadily moving from project to project this year and am so thankful to be busy. Usually I am in that dreadful stuck space, desperate for an idea. I think that it is really true that the more you do, the more inspiration you find. 

I wanted this painting to be the expansion of this little cowboy's imagination. I used the the patterns of a wooden floor to inspire the lines that form up the page, all the way to the top of the sky. I also included colors that were so vibrant that they would have to exist in a make believe world. Overall, I think that this is a happy little space for this cowboy and his companion to spend their days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy June!

Falling into 2018

SCBWI Draw This: March