Saddle Up!

My daughter is a big fan of the tv show Sheriff Callie's Wild West. We don't watch too much television, but it is a show that where, for 25 minutes, she is transported to a different world. I thought that to celebrate her summer time birthday, it would be appropriate to have a themed wild west celebration, and also tie in an acknowledgement of her upcoming sibling. At this point in her life, parties are still fairly small, and mostly adults. I am fairly passionate about making my own cards and gifts, so I put together some things that would appeal to both kids and adults.

I put together invitations that were based on the western theme, with homemade origami cowgirl hats. and glued on twine freehand to spell out Saddle Up. I finished off the space with additional themed accessories.






I wanted to have party favors that could tie in to our theme, but still be something meaningful and lasting. I had considered making paper cactuses for safe decorations, but wanted to have something that would still hold up for a long time. Since I have plenty of wool and enjoy needle-felting, I was inspired to create these wool cactuses. They don't require any water or sun, and are completely prickle proof! They are available for sale in my etsy shop, and I can even make customized versions.




Finally, I wanted to have a way to celebrate the upcoming arrival of my baby. I decided to create a 3D paper sculpture of a farm landscape, which will make a nice decoration in the nursery. Please contact me if you are interested in prints of this piece!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy June!

Falling into 2018

SCBWI Draw This: March