Farewell 2016





I know that for many, 2016 was a year that couldn't end soon enough. But for me, it was an incredibly kind year, filled with wonderful surprises and reminders of the blessings in my life. To start with, I found out on Valentine's Day that my husband and I were expecting our second child, and then gave birth in October. I had some great adventures, visiting Amherst, MA on the coldest day of the year (cannot wait to go back to see it in warmer weather!), and Philadelphia, on one of the warmest days, where I could easily spend a lifetime exploring all that the city has to offer. I also feel as though I made great strides in my artwork, testing myself with tight deadlines, creating pieces off of topics decided by others, and commission work. And I have gotten a lot more comfortable openly sharing my artwork, which has always given me a varying level of anxiety. I look forward to what 2017 has to offer, but hope that it doesn't fly by!


(Note: Above is my latest painting, done for the SCBWI postcard contest. The requirements were to include a kite, which is the adopted symbol of the SCBWI. The selected winners will have their artwork featured on postcards printed for the SCBWI offices. I didn't win, but I am extremely proud of the piece. As I have two young children that I am staying at home to raise, I relate to the mother bird being unable to leave her nest. It is so nice when you can still communicate with friends!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy June!

Falling into 2018

SCBWI Draw This: March