In Deep Reflection



I've noticed a growing popularity in mermaids recently. From art and fashion inspiration, even to the point of Mer-May, an entire month dedicated to celebrating mermaids. Well, what about the other members of the underwater world? I thought about the seahorse, one of the tinier inhabitants of the ocean, and wondered what life must be like under the sea for these small creatures. Are they as playful, curious, or glamorous as the often depicted mermaid? I would like to think so!

As a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) I was excited at the opportunity to submit this piece for their July Draw This! Challenge, for the prompt word ADMIRE. The complete gallery of submissions will be available for viewing on August 1st. I cannot wait to see all of the talented interpretations for this topic!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling into 2018

Happy June!

Springing Through 2021